To apply please email a CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Northwich, Cheshire
Pay: £7.50 to £8.00 per hour.
Contract: Full time, permanent
Based in Northwich, EWL (UK) Limited is a small family-owned & managed engineering/fabrication business, we require a highly motivated and hard working “Workshop Assistant” to support the day to day operations of our workshop.
You will be required to work 39 hours per week Monday to Friday, with the flexibility to adapt and increase your working hours when the business needs require.
Key Duties and responsibilities
Assisting our engineers & machine operators.
Loading & Unloading materials and parts on our laser and water jet cutting machines.
Packing goods ready for delivery to our customers.
Delivering and collecting goods to and from our suppliers.
Unloading delivery wagons.
Ensuring our materials are stored in a tidy and organised manner.
Key Skills Required
A successful candidate will..
- Be positive and professional in all areas of work.
- Be able to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Be confident and able to thrive in a demanding environment.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Be very motivated, eager to learn and develop quickly.
- Be reliable and a good time keeper.
- Be organised able and prioritise workloads.
- Be able to solve problems and think of solutions.
- Be able to work with and without instruction
- Be thorough, tidy and a methodical worker who demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Capable of meeting strict deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of safe working practices.
- Capable of working within a team.
- Have a full clean driving licence.
Experience of working in a workshop or industrial environment is preferred.
It would be an advantage if you have Fork lift truck licence.
Please note that this is a physically demanding role involving heavy lifting.
Job Type: Full-time
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License